Drug Offenders Recovery Services (DORS) provides a range of intensive treatment services to adult substance dependent offenders on site at criminal justice agencies and in the community. Clients must meet eligibility criteria set by the criminal justice agencies and funding sources involved. DORS also offers a prevention/early intervention program for high-risk youth in the Georgetown South neighborhood in Manassas. Evaluations are provided at Adult Probation and Parole, Office of Criminal Justice Services and in the Adult Detention Center.
Treatment Services may include:
- Outpatient group treatment in Manassas and Woodbridge (two to three sessions weekly)
- Individual and family sessions in Manassas and Woodbridge
- Intensive case management at criminal justice agencies, Community Services offices and at residential treatment sites
- Random urinalysis in conjunction with criminal justice agencies
- Referrals to 90-day contract residential substance abuse treatment programs
- Jail based long-term day treatment program including family support group
- Service coordination with probation agencies and adult detention staff
- Medication assisted treatment for opiate dependence in conjunction with outpatient and residential treatment
- Psychiatric services for clients with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders.
Prevention Services may include:
- Monitoring of school attendance and performance
- Drug and gang prevention group
- Parenting support
- Youth and family advocacy for needed services
- Curfew checks
- Service coordination with juvenile court services, schools and non-profits
- Positive recreational and learning activities for youth and families.
Click on the links below for information on other Substance Abuse Programs/Services offered: