What is my hiring status?
There are several steps in the hiring process for our Firefighter/EMT positions. The applicant is required to complete all steps before an offer of employment is made. After passing the written test and CPAT, you're application and personal history statement will be evaluated. The steps in the process are the polygraph, psychological screening, medical exam and drug test, and finally a panel interview.
- Assesses reading comprehension, mechanical and spatial aptitude, and mathematical ability.
Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- Evaluates your strength, stamina and ability to perform as a Firefighter/EMT (for additional information click here)
- Assessment tool used to evaluate information provided by the candidate on the application and personal history statement.
- Screening tool used to assess candidate's ability to perform essential job functions
Medical Exam and Drug Test
- The information from the medical exam is confidential and will be provided only to fire and rescue personnel.
- In an informal and relaxed setting, interview questions are asked and the applicant has the opportunity to speak with some of the uniform personnel met during the interview process.
Offer of Employment
- Approximately one month prior to the start of recruit school, personnel staff will make employment offers. Candidates not receiving an offer of employment will still be eligible for the next recruit school.