We hire individuals with no previous fire and rescue experience; HOWEVER, if you have your Virginia or National Paramedic certification, we want to hear from you.
We give hiring preference to paramedics and offer generous additional compensation.
We offer Firefighter/Medics:
- A starting salary of $45,884 per year
- An additional $5,504 per year ALS incentive
- An additional $2.20 - $3.30 hourly supplement (avg. range $4,500 - $7,500/yr) after successful completion of recruit school and ALS Internship
- A 3% to 5% annual retention supplement (avg. $1,500 after 18 months)
- Full salary, ALS incentive and benefits during Academy training
Plus, a four-day work week and probability for shift work (24 hours on / 48 hours off.)
Prince William County Fire and Rescue is proud of its progressive EMS system serving a large county with a diverse population of approximately 400,000 residents.
We are a growing organization of more than 500 career personnel including over 180 medics. Come join our team!