All new hires receive full pay and benefits while attending the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue Training Academy, commonly called Recruit School.
You will be attending Recruit School Monday thru Friday, 48 hours per week where you will receive fire suppression, EMT-Basic and intense physical training.
Recruit School Basics
- Highly accelerated academic and practical training in Firefighting and EMS
- Daily rigorous physical training
- Continuous quizzing and testing
Recruit School Success
- Motivation and discipline
- Family/friend support
- Dedication to studying and physical training in, and outside, of the classroom
You, your family, friends and team members will never be more proud of your accomplishment. This is the culmination of your will to succeed. After graduation you will be assigned to your first fire station to continue on-the-job training.