Life as a Recruit
So you’ve received an employment offer as a Fire and Rescue Technician I. Congratulations! Hopefully, you have been continuing a physical training routine. Now, what can you expect for the next 25 weeks?
All newly hired individuals, whether experienced in fire and rescue or not, receive full pay and benefits while attending the Prince William County Dept. of Fire and Rescue Training Academy, commonly called Recruit School.
You’ll be attending Recruit School, located in Nokesville, VA, Monday through Friday, 48 hours per week, where you will receive fire suppression and EMT-Basic training and lots of physical training.
Recruit School Basics
- Highly accelerated academic and practical training in Firefighting and EMT
- Daily rigorous physical training
- Continuous quizzing and testing
Recruit School Success
- Motivation and discipline
- Family/friend support
- Dedication to studying and physical training in and outside of the classroom
You, your family, friends and team members will never be prouder. This is the culmination of your will to succeed. After graduation, you’ll be assigned to your first fire station to continue your on the job training.