o Clean annually by a certified chimney specialist.
o If closed, inlets cause creosote buildup and lead to chimney fires.
o Certain types of wood increases creosote buildup, i.e. soft moist wood.
o Extinguish fire before leaving the house or going to bed.
o Check with local fire department on the legality of kerosene heater use in your community.
o Both flare-up easily and increase the risk of fire.
o Use only fuels appropriate for appliance.
o Potential for carbon monoxide poisoning.
o ALWAYS unplug when not in use.
o NEVER use frayed or damaged cords.
o Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet away.
o Always supervise children and pets when in use.