Charlton Court Fire Incident
For Release
May 15, 2014
On Wednesday, May 14th at approximately 2:00 p.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a townhouse fire located in the 4600 block of Charlton Court in Dale City.
 
Upon arrival, fire and rescue units observed smoke showing from the rear of a 2 story mid row town home.  Firefighters proceeded to the 2nd floor of the home, located the fire in a bathroom and extinguished it.  Firefighters checked for fire extension.  No further extension was found.
 
Residents were home at the time of the fire but evacuated the home safely.
 
Red Cross was called to the scene to assist 3 adults who were displaced by the fire.
 
A Building Inspector was called to the scene to assess the residence and has posted the building unsafe.
 
According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, the origin of the fire was a second floor bathroom; the cause was an accidental fire related to an electrical issue.