On Monday, June 16th at approximately 12:30 a.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a two story single family home located in the 12000 block of Bradley Forest Road in Manassas.
Upon arrival, fire and rescue units found smoke showing from the roof of the home. Firefighters quickly advanced attack lines to extinguish the fire but not before the fire had spread throughout the attic area causing severe fire damage to the home. No fire hydrants were located in this community so fire and rescue units utilized rural water supply operations to shuttle water to the area to maintain a firefighting water supply.
No reported injuries.
Red Cross was called to the scene to assist 2 adults and 1 child displaced by the fire.
A Building Official inspected the residence and posted the building unsafe.
According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, the home sustained approximately $200,000 in damages. The fire, caused by lightning, has been determined accidental.