SUMMER IS here, and so is hurricane season
Summer has officially just started, but it is already in full swing. We have already experienced severe weather such as dangerous downpours, flash flooding, and extreme heat. The weather can be unpredictable this time of year, and forecasters have produced a wide range of models for this year's hurricane season. Keeping all of this in mind, it's important to stick to the basics of emergency preparedness: Build A Kit, Make a Plan, Stay Informed, and Get Involved.
Hurricanes, Flooding, and High Winds:
Be ready before these conditions affect you.
- Use common sense
- Never leave a child, adult, or animal unattended in a vehicle on a warm or hot day
- Get to a cool place -- Either find a shady spot outside or get into an air-conditioned structure
- Wear loose, light clothing
- Take it easy! Avoid strenuous activity if outside
- Stay hydrated
- Recognize and respond if you or someone around you is experiencing heat cramps, heat exhaustion, or heat stroke