Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court
Request for a Court Appointed Attorney


 Requests for a Court Appointed Attorney



If you are requesting the Court to appoint an attorney to represent you in a criminal case, file a written motion in the Juvenile and Domestic Relations (JDR) District Court Clerk's Office. When the motion is received by the JDR Clerk's Office, a Court date will be assigned for you to appear before the judge and request an attorney be appointed. You will be required to complete a financial statement at the time the motion is filed in the JDR Clerk's Office, or, if you file your motion by mail, you will be notified of the Court date and a financial form will be sent to you for completion. Bring that form to Court with you.


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.