Greater Prince William Area
Make A Change (MAC)
Tattoo Removal Program
Prince William Area Gang Response Intervention Team
Prince William County Bar Foundation, Inc.
Have you committed to leaving the gang lifestyle?
Tired of living with that tattoo?
Let us help you!
MAC is a no-cost service for residents of the Greater Prince William Area below the age of 29 who have demonstrated a commitment to change their lives for the better by leaving the gang lifestyle, who need their gang tattoos removed.
- Commit to disassociate from gang membership and association for at least six months prior to the first tattoo removal clinic.
- Complete 50 hours of community service prior to having the first tattoo removed.
- Free of any new criminal charges at the time of application and while in the program.
- Drug and alcohol free at the time of applying to the program and while in the program.
- Attending all school classes and achieving passing grades.
- If school requirement is accomplished, must be employed or actively seeking employment or be engaged in job training.
- If on probation or parole, must comply with all rules of probation or parole while in the program.
- Clients 22-29 years of age may be required to pay a $20 co-pay per clinic.
- Those under the age of 18 must have a responsible adult sponsor who will be willing to stand behind the youth and provide moral support, encouragement and direction.
- The applicant’s case manager or sponsor submits the completed Program Application Form (Part A&B), as well as pertinent case history service plans to the Gang Response Intervention Team (GRIT) Coordinator. GRIT Coordinator: phone: 703-792-5392, fax: 703-792-4786
- The GRIT Coordinator presents the forms and the applicant’s case at the next scheduled meeting of the MAC Interagency Committee for consideration.
- Once accepted, and after showing proof of completing the 50 hours of community service, the applicant may begin treatment if medically cleared by the volunteer doctors.
The form can be downloaded here:
Contact the GRIT Coordinator, Rich Buchholz, 703-792-5392, email@example.com
, with any questions, to obtain help with the necessary forms or for help finding a sponsor.