How do I make a change to my Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court case information?
CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT QUESTIONS:
What do I do if (s)he is not paying the child support as ordered by the Court?
OTHER PAGES OF INTEREST (pages will open in a new window):
Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court Forms
What happens when the JDR District Court enters a preliminary hearing order?
You may ask the Court to consider the following:
(1) The order may require home studies to be conducted by the Department of Social Services which will require eight to ten weeks if the parties live within Prince William County. If parties live outside of Prince William County it may take longer. You may have to pay the costs of the home study.
(2) The order may require psychological examinations of any one or all of the parties.
(3) The order may appoint a Guardian ad Litem to protect and represent the interests of the child in connection with all court proceedings. (Attorney certified by the Virginia Supreme Court)
(4) The case will be scheduled for a Pretrial Conference.
return to top
(1) A loss or change of employment.
(2) The birth of another child.
(3) The entry of a child support order from any Court for another child.
(4) A serious medical problem requiring unusual medical expenses for you or someone in your household.
(5) A child attaining the age of 18 years, or joining the military or marrying.
(6) Any significant decrease in income or change in your financial situation.