Mission & Purpose
Establish more frequent contact and collaboration between Prince William County School Board (School Board) and Prince William Board of County Supervisors (County Board) in order to discuss capital needs, enhance efficiency in planning processes, and improve service outcomes to the community.
Participants & Roles
The joint process includes two different groups, the Joint Board Committee for Capital (Committee) and the Joint Staff Work Group for Capital (Work Group). The Committee constitutes the decision making body and the Work Group is responsible for supporting the Committee’s goals and objectives. Both groups together constitute the Joint County/School Capital Process Team (Team).
Membership of Joint Board Committee for Capital (Committee)
Three members from the County Board and three members from the School Board. Current members include:
- Ruth Anderson (Occoquan)
- Pete Candland (Gainesville)
- Frank Principi (Woodbridge)
- Lillie Jessie (Occoquan)
- Loree Williams (Woodbridge)
- Gil Trenum (Brentsville) [note, Shawn Brann represented Brentsville at Mar-Sept 2017 meetings]
The Committee will have a rotating Chairperson whose responsibility will be to preside over meetings of the group. The Committee will define annual goals and objectives with expected deliverables.
The general responsibilities of the Committee are to review and direct work of staff, approve communications to each Board, solicit feedback from each Board, and provide recommendations for joint capital actions to achieve shared goals of Schools and County.
- Thursday, May 31, 2018, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- McCoart Building, Powells Creek Conference Rooms A & B
1 County Complex Court
Woodbridge, VA 22192
- Saturday, March 18, 2017, 7:30-9:00 a.m. - Agenda / Minutes
- Saturday, March 28, 2017, 5:30-7:00 p.m. - Agenda / Minutes
- Saturday, April 22, 2017, 7:30-9:00 a.m. - Agenda / Minutes
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, 7:30-9:00 a.m. - Agenda / Minutes
- Saturday, June 24, 2017, 7:30-9:00 a.m. - Agenda / Minutes
- Saturday, September 16, 2017, 7:30-9:00 a.m. - Agenda / Minutes
- Thursday, October 26, 2017, 6:30-9:00 p.m. - Agenda / Minutes
- Thursday, January 25, 2018, 6:30-9:00 p.m. - Agenda / Minutes
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - McCoart Building, 1 County Complex Court, Woodbridge
Documents & Information
Note, this proposal and supporting documents are discussion items for the Committee. The proposal is not currently endorsed by the Committee.