PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA . . . The Prince William Board of County Supervisors will host a town hall meeting to identify the County’s needs for recreation space.
All members of the community are encouraged to attend and share their feedback, provide insights, and shape the future of parks and recreation in Prince William County.
“Sports and recreation are significant to the fabric of our community,” said Corey Stewart, Chairman of the Board of County Supervisors. “The Board needs to hear from the citizens on this issue to make certain we make informed and practical decisions to meet the demand for athletic fields, indoor recreation and open recreation space in a responsible and responsive manner.”
Topics of discussion will include:
- Field use and availability
- Athletic field amenities (lights, stands, turf, etc.)
- Upgrades to school athletic fields and opportunity for greater community use
- Demand for indoor sports and recreation facilities
- Demand for indoor swim facilities
- Parkland preservation
- Financing options for identified needs
The meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 6 at the Ferlazzo Auditorium, which is located in the Ferlazzo Building (15941 Donald Curtis Drive, Woodbridge, VA 22191).